My New Quad is a Syma X5SC which is an upgrade to the X5C with some changes, So what has changed in the new X5SC-1? To begin with, the legs have grown longer, the body has undergone some redesign, the motors are slightly bigger now and Headless Mode has been thrown in. What remains the same are the 3.7V 500mAh LiPo battery, propellers, HD camera and transmitter body (although there are some subtle changes to the transmitter’s function.
- Dimensions: 310 x 310 x 105mm (with prop guards)
- Diagonal motor distance: 230mm
- Motor size: 8 x 20mm coreless
- Weight: 107g (with battery, camera and prop guards)
- Flight time: 6 to 8 minutes (without prop guards and camera)
- Battery: 3.7V 500mAh LiPo
- Charging time: 40-45 minutes
- Control distance: approximately 50m
- Transmitter power: 4 x 1.5V AA batteries (not included).
What’s more, Syma X5SC specially adopts headless mode for beginners. Usually the flying direction always keeps consistent with the nose. Under headless mode, the flying direction has nothing to do with the nose wherever it points, for advanced flyers its good also for some nice video pans.